2016 Liebster Award
I got a total surprise last week when one of my favorite momma bloggers and home-town friend, Jen from Baking Baby Brown, nominated me for a Liebster Award! A total shocker since I’ve been missing in action these past few months BUT definitely a boost to get me going again! It’s such an honor to be thought of and nominated for such a ‘sweet’ award! If you haven’t already, make sure to check out Baking Baby Brown. I love Jen’s sense of humor and honesty – and once you read through her posts, it’s a no brainer why she was nominated for the award herself! THANK YOU JEN!
So, what exactly is a Liebster Award? It’s an honorary award given from blogger to blogger. The word ‘liebster’ is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is a great way to connect and support the blogging community and also a way to be discovered! If you accept the award, there are a few rules to follow:
- You must thank the person/blog that nominated you
- Display the award on your blog. You can pick one free to use here or you can make your own.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the Blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you love and then create your own 11 questions for your nominees.
- List these rules in your post.
- Tag your nominees via social media and in your post.
11 Questions from Jen:
- What’s your favorite thing about Blogging?
– It’s a creative and mental outlet for me. When I was in middle school, I built my own website and would share pictures and make these weird doll like things that I would edit and customize in Paint pixel by pixel to look like my friends (please tell me I’m not the only one that did this). I’ve also always liked sharing information. If there is something new and fun that I discover, whether it be clothing, makeup, a recipe, a kid tip, or a fun fact – I want everyone to know!
- What’s your most embarrassing Mom Moment?
– It’s got to be when I was in labor with Navy. And I can’t believe I’m about to tell everyone this:
I had already been given an epidural, so I was completely numb from the waist down. The nurse came in to see if there was any progress ‘down there’ and while she was down there I totally ripped one. It was horrifying. I could tell something was going on and my heart started to race (because I knew what was about to happen) but had no control over that part of my body. Dear god, I still blush and feel the humiliation all over again just thinking about it. Props to the nurse though – girl didn’t even flinch. I just sat there and tried to act like nothing happened. [Insert little monkey emoji with hands over face].
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– Oh man. I love food. Sweets are my weakness. BUT there is this one dish from a local restaurant called Thai House that I really could eat for the rest of my life – Chicken Basil (Thai hot, American style) with spring rolls. OMG, it’s heaven I swear!
- What’s your weirdest pet peeve?
– I absolutely can’t stand the sound of my husband eating a banana. Pretty sure I’ve never told him that either, so here ya go babe. Love you!
- How many kids do you want?
– I’m stuck between just one or two at the moment. One minute I’m all gung-ho about having another so Navy can have a sibling to play and grow up with and the next minute I’m totally content with just one.
- What trendy slang word/phrase do you despise the most? (Ex: fleek, bae, netflix & chill, etc.)
– I can’t stand fleek. Not that I’m not partial to slang words – I’ll still throw them out for kicks here and there but fleek drives me nuts. I hate the way it sounds. It’s just… not cute.
- If you could live without having to do one of these chores, what would it be? Laundry, Grocery Shop/Cooking, or Cleaning?
– Laundry. Can they just make something that does it all for you already?
- What’s your dream car?
– I’m still on a high from buying my Terrain back in December! But if I could pick any luxury car – I guess it would be either a Land Rover, Cadillac CTS, or and Audi. AND — it would be pink (think OPI’s Bubblebath). Don’t hate.
- What was your least favorite thing about being pregnant?
– I was lucky, I had a fairly easy pregnancy. The only issues I had happened towards the end when Navy would hit my sciatic nerve. I worked retail at the time and I would have to limp/shuffle back to the stockroom and get on my hands and knees to try to shift her around. That pain was like no other – definitely my least favorite thing about being pregnant.
- Describe yourself using only one word.
- What is the most important thing for you, as a parent, to teach your child(ren)?
– There are three things I strive to teach my daughter:
To be kind.
To be present.
To be independent.
Here here are my 5 nominees and their 11 questions:
- Laura from bright and beautiful
- Mandy from A Girl, Obsessed
- Caitlin from Southern Curls & Pearls
- Jessica from Lipstick, Heels & a Baby
- Chelsey from Bright & Bold
- Why did you start blogging and what is the meaning behind your blog’s name?
- What’s the biggest source of inspiration behind your blog?
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- Do you have any kids? (fur babies county too!)
- What is a fun, random fact about you?
- What social platforms do you use and which do you prefer the most?
- What is your favorite food?
- What camera do you use for your blog?
- What are a few of your favorite apps?
- Any tips or trick on collaborating with companies or fellow bloggers?
- If you had a day off from everything, what would you do and why?
Each of these lovely ladies are so talented — I can’t wait to see everyone’s answers!